Founder and CEO
Andre A. King, Sr.
Andre A. King, Sr. has been serving the community for over 25 years! Starting off as an athlete and personal fitness trainer for several locations, Andre never lost his passion for the youth, and in particular, young men.
Growing up in several Atlanta area housing projects, Andre admits that life could have turned out drastically different for him. However, he wanted desperately to succeed. Andre credits his grandmother, his hard working mother and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, as his best inspiration for bringing him through.
Second Nature for Children Inc. was initially developed while Andre was working with adults in personal fitness. Noticing that the adults were seeking so much more than fitness, Andre believed that he could instill in children at a very young age that taking care of themselves should become "Second Nature". Andre was inspired to guide in the areas of complete wellness: the body, the mind and the soul. The ultimate goal was for the youth to live productive and healthy lives.
Over the decades, Andre has:
• 13 years as Sunday School leader for boys
• 8 years of Co-Ed bible study for boys and girls
• Four years of mentoring in youth detention centers
• 20 years ministry in Fulton county prisons
• Educator on diabetes & obesity
• Serves as motivational speaker
• Certification in HIPPA
• Served as member of Diabetes Community Action Coalition (DCAC)
• Began a Men's Spiritual Group (MSATD)
• Department of Juvenile Justice Volunteer
• PREA 2 and PREA 8 Certification
(working with molested and medicated children)